How to customize your website theme
In this article:
Website themes allow you to customize the look of your site with just a few clicks. Each Website theme can be customized independently from each other. Only the activated theme will be visible to your users.
The Website tab will show a preview of all of the pages on your site in the Design section:
- Click the gear icon next to each page title to be brought into theme editor on each specific page.
- Use the drop-down in the top right of the editor to navigate to different customizable pages within the theme.
Adding a new theme
The new theme will not be automatically activated. You will need to activate the new theme after customizing and editing the theme to your liking:
All of our sites are now built on the Premier Theme Framework using what we call Layout Presets. Six new Premier Presets are available for your Website Theme each providing a different feel and experience for your users:
- Gradio: Designed to instantly grab the attention of your readers, the Gradio layout is bright, upbeat, and energetic. Excellent for those who want to convey a fun, unique, more modern professional brand.
- Spark: Mastering a blend of online sophistication and simplicity is the Spark layout. Popular among entrepreneurs who seek to feature the unique use of technology both in their products and their business.
- Tempo: With a minimalistic design the Tempo layout helps bring your message and your product directly to the forefront of your site. Its simple design is perfect for those just starting out and those who want to portray an elegant brand.
- Capital: The Capital layout captures a new age feel through the use of expressive colors and easy to navigate features. Perfect for a fun and engaging type business.
- Eastwood: Eastwood is the perfect layout for the creatively bold, yet orderly digital entrepreneur. Popular among artistic types, it communicates a hip and professional feel applicable for a variety of industries.
- Magnolia: Magnolia is a preferred layout for many female entrepreneurs who seek to empower their customers and prospects. The combination of light and dark design features, compliments and provides the right amount of contrast to both the message and messenger.
Exporting/Importing a theme
To Export a theme from your site:
- From the dahsboard, click the Website tab and open the Design section.
- Select the Manage Themes option under the Website Design header.
- Click the ... and choose Export on the theme you are working with.
The logged in admin will be sent the exported theme through email. Click on the link in the email to download the file. Save the exported theme file to your desktop.
To Import the theme to a new site:
- Go to the new site and open the Website tab and selec the Design section
- Click the Manage Themes option under the Website Design header.
- Choose Upload Theme in the top right of the page.
- Drag the .zip file into the uploader:
Updating a theme
A good practice is to update your Website theme when we release a new Feature Rollup. We develop new features to work with the latest versions of our themes.
To update your Website theme:
- Edit the code of your current activated Website theme.
- Copy the entire contents of the
settings_data.jsonfile located under
- Install a fresh theme.
- Edit the code of the freshly installed theme.
- Paste the entire contents from the previous theme's
settings_data.jsoninto the feshly installed theme's
- Save and activate the freshly isntalled theme.
For a more in-depth walkthrough of updating your theme check out this article.
Was this article helpful?
Need Help? Live Chat with Us.