How to use YouTube Live to run a webinar in Kajabi
Here are some instructions from our Product Team on how to set up your Live Webinar:
Hosting a Webinar inside of a Product
To host your live webinar inside a Product:
- Create a new Product using the Blank Product Blueprint.
- Edit a Post in the Product.
- Paste the embed code for your YouTube Live Stream in the source code of the Post.
The features Live Stream and Embed Live Streams must be enabled in your account settings.
In order to embed your live stream you will also need to create an Adsense account and link it to your YouTube account. Learn how to set up an Adsense account here.
To embed the live stream:
- Set the stream to unlisted or public.
- Go to the Watch Page (View on watch page link (lower right) in https://www.youtube.com/live_dashboard).
- Click Share.
- Click Embed to get the embed HTML code.
An example embed code will look like this:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XYZ123" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The issue here is that every time the stream stops and restarts the ID will change.
To get a permanent URL, you'll need to edit the embed code to use the Channel ID rather than the User ID.
In this example, the User ID is "XYZ123" and the Channel ID is "12345":
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/live_stream?channel=12345" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
You'll find the Channel ID by going here.
Add the editted embed code to your Post and open the website in a private browser window to check if the stream displays without error message.
Was this article helpful?
Need Help? Live Chat with Us.