How do I point my Domain to my Wordpress site and my Subdomain to Kajabi?
In this article:
- Step 1: Purchase and/or Access DNS Records in Registrar
- Step 2: Setup "A Records" for your Domain
- Step 3: Setup a "www" CNAME Record for your Domain
- Step 4: Add a CNAME Record for your Subdomain pointing to Kajabi
- Step 5: Verify your Subdomain in Kajabi
This is a simple process that is different depending on the platforms you may be using. For this reference, we will be using Kajabi, Wordpress, and GoDaddy!
Step 1: Purchase and/or Access DNS Records in Registrar
Before we begin, you will likely want to have your domain purchased through a registrar such as GoDaddy. In this case, we have the Domain www.imjustchill.in which has been purchased through GoDaddy. Our DNS records will also be set up through Go Daddy.
These DNS Records can be found within your Godaddy account by selecting DNS under the associated domain you'd like to edit:
These DNS Records within our registrar will serve as the Control Center for where we direct our domain and our subdomain.
Step 2: Setup "A Records" for your Domain
First, we will need to make sure our A Records are pointing to the correct IP Address. This is contingent on where we are pointing our domain, but in this case it is Wordpress.com. Make sure to check with the site provider to confirm the site IP Address so that your A Records are accurate.
Here we can see that imjustchill.in, our domain, will point straight to the IP address for the Wordpress Site.
Step 3: Setup a "www" CNAME Record for your Domain
Make sure you have a cname record added in which the name is "www" and the value is "@". This ensures that if a "www" is put in front of, Imjustchill.in, both URLs will point to the same place
Step 4: Add a CNAME Record for your Subdomain pointing to Kajabi
Create a new CNAME record in which the name is your subdomain you want to point to Kajabi, and the value is ssl.kajabi.com. In this case we want the subdomain,courses.imjustchill.in to point to our Kajabi site.
Step 5: Verify your Subdomain in Kajabi
- From your dashboard, select the Settings tab.
- Choose Custom Domains.
- Toggle on SSL and then type in the subdomain you want to point to your Kajabi site. (In this case we are using courses.imjustchill.in)
- Click Next, and then select Verify Domain.
- You will then be notified that SSL verification is pending. Kajabi will then send an email letting you know if the SSL Verification was successful.
- Once your subdomain has successfully been verified, you now have a Domain pointing to wordpress and a subdomain pointing to Kajabi!
For assistance setting up forwarding rules for your Domain and Sub-Domain: CLICK HERE.
Was this article helpful?
Need Help? Chat With Us Now!