How to use Zapier with Kajabi
In this article:
- Connecting Kajabi to Zapier Apps (Outbound)
- Connecting Zapier Apps to Kajabi (Inbound)
- Webhook / Zapier 400 Error
With the official Kajabi Zapier app, integrations are easy to set up.
Connecting Kajabi to Zapier Apps (Outbound)
Kajabi can send an Outbound Webhook every time someone submits an Opt-in Form, purchases an Offer from your Site, or completes an Assessment. Zapier listens for these webhooks and in turn creates or updates a contact in a 3rd-party system:
- Create a Zap and set Kajabi as the trigger app.
- Choose a trigger.
- Select New Purchase to get user data for new purchases from your Site.
- Select New Form Submission to get user data when a user submits through an Opt-in Form on your Site.
- Select Assessment Completed to trigger an action once an Assessment is completed in Kajabi.
After selecting your trigger, you'll need to connect to your Kajabi account. If you're connecting for the first time, you will be asked for your account API Key and Secret located in your Account Settings. Just copy and paste each into the appropriate field and click Yes, continue at the bottom:
Select a Site and Offer to link to your Zap and proceed with testing to make sure things are working:
You can now connect another Zapier App to use the data sent from Kajabi!
Connecting Zapier Apps to Kajabi (Inbound)
Kajabi supports Inbound Webhooks which can create members or Grant/Revoke access to Offers or Products when an external event occurs (such as a successful payment in a 3rd party payment provider). Zapier listens for these webhooks from a connected data source and sends the data to your Kajabi site:
- Create a Zap according to your third-party system provider's guide and set it as the trigger app.
- Select Kajabi as your Action app.
- Select an Action.
- Select Grant Access to an Offer to grant a new or existing Member access to an Offer and its Products.
- Select Revoke Access to an Offer to revoke access to an Offer from the specified member.
- Select Create Form Submission to have your information automatically populate your Kajabi Opt-in Form.
Once you've selected your trigger, you'll need to connect to your Kajabi account. If you're connecting for the first time, you will be asked for your account API Key and Secret located in your Account Settings. Just copy and paste each into the appropriate field and click Yes, continue at the bottom:
- Select your Site and Offer and match the required parameters for Member Name, Email and External User ID with merge fields from your data source.
- Proceed with testing to make sure things are working.
name email offer external_user_id ip_address
Webhook / Zapier 400 Error
You may run into a 400 Error when testing your Zaps. It could be that your data source (cart or other system) is sending the same data. Once a user has been granted an Offer, it cannot be granted it again. Instead, generate new data from the data source and it will then pass the info to Zapier and then to Kajabi.
Was this article helpful?
Need Help? Chat With Us Now!