How to set up a forwarding rule on your Custom Domain using GoDaddy
When setting up your custom domain, you will want to make sure that no matter if the "www." is entered or not, your Kajabi site will always be the endpoint. To ensure this happens, you will need to add a Forwarder to your Domain through the registrar that you are using to host your domain.
Adding a Forwarding Rule in GoDaddy
- Check and make sure your domain was set up properly in Kajabi by choosing Settings, then Custom Domains. Your domain should say Connected.
- Log into your GoDaddy account and choose Domains, then locate the Domain you want to add a forwarding rule for.
- Click on the ellipses and choose Manage DNS.
- Scroll Down to the Forwarding section and choose Add next to the Domain section.
- Select https://.
- Enter www.yoursite.com (specific to whatever your domain is called).
- Choose Permanent (301).
- Select Forward Only.
- Check the box that reads, "Update my Nameservers and DNS settings."
- Press Save.
- Enter in your new subdomain in your browser to test if the Forwarding rule was Added correctly
Was this article helpful?
Need Help? Chat With Us Now!